Hey there! Looking for some super simple and quick delicious vegan recipes? We have recipes that you can make at home under 20 mins.
These recipes can easily go from breakfast to dinner and guess what, even your children are going to love it.
Today we are making a quick and easy vegan bento box.
Let’s head straight to the recipe now.
I love oriental food and the fact that it is bursting with flavours. I love the aroma and the freshness of wok-tossed vegetables.
In this recipe, I am giving you a vegan version of the Asian bento box. Bento boxes are popular in Japan and Korea.
These are meal boxes that can be carried to the office or school for lunch and holds a perfectly balanced meal.
Bento boxes have all the three macros, carbs, proteins and fats along with fibres and other nutrients.
This is a very simple vegan bento box recipe that will take no more than 20 mins to make.
Vegan wok-tossed vegetable bento box
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
½ green capsicum
½ yellow bell pepper
½ red bell pepper
1 spring onion
4 cloves garlic
½ inch ginger
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
¼ cabbage, red or green
2 fistfuls of rice
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons water
½ teaspoon chilli powder
½ teaspoon salt or as per your taste
Wok tossed vegetables and tofu
1. Cut tofu in small cubes and keep them aside.
2. Cut long and thin slices of all the vegetables. Prepare carrot shavings using a potato peeler. Chop ginger and garlic in tiny cubes. Keep all the vegetables aside.
3. Dice one small red onion and one green onion.
4. Take1 tablespoon sesame oil/ mustard oil or any vegetable oil of your choice in the wok. If you don’t have a wok, use a deep pan. Heat it over a low flame.
5. Add garlic and ginger. Let them toast properly to get rid of the raw smell.
6. Add red onions and saute until slightly brown.
7. Add all the chopped veggies on a high flame. Keep tossing them using forks. The idea is to give your vegetables some smokiness. Don’t allow them to become mushy.
8. After 5 minutes, switch off the gas. Add tofu cubes and spring onion to the wok with the sauteed veggies.
9. Mix soy sauce, water, red chilli powder and salt in a small bowl. Whisk it and add to the wok.
Protip*: Add a teaspoon of sugar to bring that sweet oriental flavour.
10. Top it up with crunchy sesame seeds. You can roast them or add them as it is. You can also add some peanuts as well.
1. Take rice of your choice, white, brown or sticky. Take two fistfuls of rice for two people and wash them under running water.
2. Let them sit for 10 minutes in water.
3. Add 2 small bowls of water in a pan and bring it to a boil. Add soaked rice and some sesame oil to it.
4. Allow it to simmer and cook for 15 minutes. You can also use a rice cooker for the same. I love making rice in the good old traditional way.
5. Check if the rice has been cooked properly. You can pick up a rice grain to test. If it feels mushy, turn off the flame. If it’s a little hard, allow it to boil for some more time. If there’s excess water after cooking, strain it.
6. Add your rice and sauteed veggies in the box and enjoy your meal.
Did you try the recipe? Comment below and let me know how it turned out.
Remember, your fitness depends on your health. A plant-based diet is a perfect approach to healthy living.
Signup for our newsletter below and receive updates directly in your inbox!
Chakshu is a US alliance certified yoga teacher, a biotechnologist and an Ayurveda evangelist. Her passion is to help people live a toxic-free life, emotionally and chemically. She loves reading self-help books. When she is not writing, she is busy thinking about life.